- Total Work: 8 years (Preferred)
The role of Sr. Manager – Fabric & Raw material sourcing is focused on building and scaling up the entire raw material development and sourcing function for the company. They will work with design, merchandising, and factory teams to fulfill business objectives and reduce turnaround times. They will build and train a team of associates who help run day-to-day operations at scale. This role directly reports to the Head – Design and product development
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting product development, merchandising team, and brands on all fabric-related issues in terms of on-time and quality.
- Articulating global fabric insights, and innovations and understanding how those will impact the applications on the Final design.
- Building internal and client-specific raw material libraries to support their garment needs
- Working closely with the Design, Manufacturing, Product Management & other teams from the development of fabric to bulk procurement
- Partnering with fabric mills to build and sustain quality relationships and travel as required to textile mills and textile fairs.
- Reviewing and testing the fabric quality/shade and negotiating with suppliers for the best quotes
- Assessing the mill performance as well as identifying areas requiring quality and service improvement using industry knowledge.
- Assess and mitigate risk at the fabric level and propose solutions ensuring compliance with standards, both human and environmental.